Friday, November 20, 2009

First post.

Hi everyone!
So this is my first post. Here's a little background to start.
My name is MaryAngela. I got involved with CCI back in 2004 when my younger sister received her Skilled Companion Dog, Taffy II. I knew then I wanted to be more involved with the organization. So here I am now having completed raising 3 pups and just started number 4!
Quick Puppy Overview:

Pup number one is named Lorenz. I got him Oct '05. He's a black lab golden retiever mix(BLGX). I owe so much to this dog for helping me mature into the person I am today. Lorenz turned in to CCI in Feb '07 and was released from the program about 3 months later due to anxiety.Lorenz is now an extremly loved perminent member of my family.

On to number two! He is another BLGX named Calvin III that I got in Apr '07. Ohh Calvin..This pup sure put my training skills and patience to the test! But I wouldn't trade any of my time spent with him for the world. I learned a ton from him and couldn't be more greatful. Cal's journey with me ended in Sept '08 when he returned to CCI. He was released after 2 months. He did fairly well with his training but it was decided he was a bit too smart/aloof to be an Assistance Dog. Calvin now lives with my Vetrinarian, Jen. They are a match made in heaven and I couldn't be happier for him.

Number three!! Nico IV! Nico is a full golden retriever that I received Sept '08. Nico was my mush. His sweet temperment and desire to please could not be beat. I just turned him in to CCI on Nov 14th '09. It of course broke my heart to do so but I see a ton of potential in him and can't wait to see what life has in store for him! I'll get my first report for him on Nov 25th(MY BIRTHDAY! hopefully it's good news!). More posts about Nico's progress in Advanced Training to come soon.

Now finally, number 4, Madias. He is the pup I have right now and will be posting about on this blog. I've got A LOT to say about him so I'll leave that for the next post :]

MaryAngela and Madias.

No comments:

Post a Comment